May 25th. The one-year mark for GDPR implementation is soon arriving. Still, a lot of companies use cookie pop-up banners which are not GDPR compliant. Cookie Information offers you a quality check of your company’s pop-up banner and consent solution to test whether it complies with ePrivacy or GDPR requirements.
Most cookie pop-up banners do not:
- inform the user about which 3rd parties receive data.
- explain what the users’ personal data are used for or;
- for how long tracking takes place.
- give the user the possibility to reject tracking cookies.
- hold back cookies prior to consent.
And now, national Data Protection Authorities are issuing fines to companies who do not comply with the GDPR.
Becoming GDPR compliant begins with a thorough website check
There are a lot of free and automated GDPR tests out there. Common to most them are, they do not provide you with a full overview of your GDPR compliance.
This is why Cookie Information now offers your company a thorough, hand-crafted and free GDPR and ePrivacy check of your website to test whether it complies with the standards of EU legislation.
When you fill out the form (your website + email), we will provide you with a quality summary report based on an in-depth scan of your company website plus an expert’s opinion on your compliance level. Because we perform a deep scan of a large portion of your website as well as one of our experts will evaluate your current cookie solution, you can expect the results within 48 hours.
Your report will conclude:
- If your website is fully ePrivacy and GDPR compliant.
- If your website holds back cookies until consent is given (prior consent).
- If you collect Specific Consents
- If you collect Informed consents
- If you carry the legally required Consent Logs
- Recommended next steps
Cookie Information provides an AI-based Privacy Management Platform which help you comply with the legal requirements set forth by the ePrivacy Directive and GDPR.