Are you sending data to insecure third countries?
Data breaches from mobile apps
Data protection authorities across Europe are issuing fines already
It is all about your users’ trust
An analysis by Ofcom (the Office of Communications) and the UK Data Protection Agency reveals that many British internet users are concerned that their privacy is not sufficiently protected online. For instance, they are worried that their data is being abused or misused. Therefore, you must protect your users’ data when using your mobile app.
How to get started with mobile app compliance?
1. Get a complete overview of your app and document its data collection and data processing
2. Inform the users of the app about the data collection and data processing
3. Inform the users about when you share their data to third parties
4. You are required to collect the users’ consent
5. Be accessible and available for the users of your app
6. Apply appropriate security measures to protect the users’ data