LfDI issues warning to websites using Google Analytics
” The LfDI has provided instructions to website operators in a number of procedures. This requires that websites must be adapted in such a way that the transmission of user data to other providers is only carried out with the knowledge and active consent of the website users. Specifically, this concerns the use of the services like Google Analytics and Google Remarketing.”
Consent is paramount to using Google Analytics
How to obtain valid consent using Google Analytics?
To collect valid consent, you need a cookie consent solution (banner) which:
- Informs your visitors of cookies (who owns them; their purpose; lifespan)
- Provides your visitors with the option to decline cookies (and tracking)
- Holds back cookies before consent is obtained
- Does not assume consent with pre-ticked boxes
- Collects and stores consent for 5 years (in case of inspection by DPA).
Get started collecting valid consent
Features of the solution:
- GDPR valid consent pop-up (to collect user consent)
- Privacy controls (options for your user to decline cookies)
- Deep scan (of your website cookies)
- Storage of Consents for up to 5 years (as required by law) SDK implementation options (for blocking cookies before consent)
- Compliance Dashboard (complete overview of cookies, consents, and acceptance rates).