Webinar on Swedish cookie rules
Learn everything about how to get data for Analytics and Ads while you comply with the GDPR!
Join our webinar on the Swedish cookie rules!
June 29, 2021, 13:00 CEST
But what are the rules for cookies and consent in Sweden? And why is it important for your business?
Does your website meet the requirements for consent in the GDPR? Let’s check it out for free!
Why should you collect consent to cookies?
A cookie is a small text file. Cookies remember language settings, items in the shopping cart and other things that make it easier to use the website.
But a large majority of cookies also collect and process visitors’ personal information. And that information is used to profile users in order to deliver them targeted ads around the web.
When is consent to cookies valid?
If your business website uses third-party services such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook and Hubspot, then your business is responsible for obtaining valid consent.
Audits are conducted by the Swedish Post and Telecom Agency (PTS) and the Data Protection Authority (IMY, formerly the Data Inspectorate). And they will ask you to provide necessary documentation for valid consents.
A valid consent according to recital 32 in the GDPR is:
What does that mean?
The cookie banner should include a ‘yes’ to cookies button, but also a ‘no’ to cookies button.
The user’s choice should then be respected in such a way that no cookies are placed on the user’s computer and no data is collected until the user has given consent.
If the user declines, your cookie consent solution should prevent cookies from being stored.
How do you obtain a valid consent to cookies?
It’s actually not that difficult.
The only requirement is that your business uses a professional consent solution.
With a professional solution – unlike free solutions – your business gets a consent solution that:
With a solution from Cookie Information, your business gets a professional consent solution and a cookie banner for your website that you can customize to fit your company’s colors and logo.
Book a meeting with us, and we can tell you how your business and website can become cookie compliant.
Does your website meet the requirements for cookies?
We can check it for you. Ensure the website’s cookie compliance with Cookie Information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- If you use third-party services like Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, LinkedIn Insight Tag, Hotjar, Adobe Analytics or almost any add-on from your CMS, then those services will set cookies via your website. And the responsibility for obtaining valid consent to these cookies is yours!
- But we do not collect personal data!
- Maybe not directly. But all the previously mentioned services collect your visitors’ personal data through cookies (e.g., IP address, device_ID, geo-location). Maybe you also collect other personal information via your CRM (e.g., HubSpot, Pipedrive, Salesforce) – that also requires valid consent.
- What are personal data really?
- Personal data are all data that your website or third-party services (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook etc.) collect about your visitors that can – directly or indirectly – identify the user.
- GDPR does not apply to us!