What should you look for in a CMP?
A Consent Management Platform (CMP) is essential for your company’s website when using cookies.
Choosing the right CMP secures your ePrivacy and GDPR compliance and sends a strong message to your users that you take their privacy seriously.
Here are 10 things you should consider when choosing a good CMP for your website.
10 things to look for in a CMP!
- SET NO COOKIES BEFORE YOU GET CONSENT
- NO PRE-TICKED BOXES FOR COOKIES
- CONSENT LOG
- COOKIES? NO THANKS
- WITHDRAW OR CHANGE CONSENT
- COOKIE PURPOSES
- TCF 2.0
- all cookies and trackers
- their purpose and lifespan
- a list of third party providers receiving data
- SCAN FREQUENCY AND DEPTH
- EDIT BANNER TEXT AND DESCRIPTIONS
How can Cookie Information help your company's cookie compliance?
Our CMP meets all the requirements mentioned above. When implemented correctly, complies with both the ePrivacy Directive and the GDPR.
With cookie information’s CMP, you can:
- hold back cookies before obtaining the consent;
- make sure cookies are not pre-selected;
- log all your user consents securely in our database;
- offer your users a ‘reject cookies‘ option;
- set cookies by purpose (and respect your users’ choices);
- offer your users an easy way to change or withdraw consent;
- get an IAB solution with TCF standards;
- have your website frequently scanned for all cookies and trackers;
- edit banner text and descriptions and style your banner with logo and company colors
Is your website or your current Consent Management Platform up to speed with EU privacy legislation? Take a free test here.
Free Compliance Check (no strings attached)
We scan your site for cookies and trackers and send you a short report on the findings. Find out today if you have any breaches of the GDPR.